Circuit City Finally Goes Belly Up [ecomonic disaster]


1 Response to "Circuit City Finally Goes Belly Up [ecomonic disaster]"

  1. Anonymous Says:
    January 17, 2009 at 11:06 AM

    As a result of the demise of Circuit City yesterday I have been trying to verify a "FIREDOG" repair appointment that I received a voice mail about a few days ago.

    These are the steps I took:
    1. Went online to Circuit City and was connected to "http://www.circuitcity.com/closed.html", da, I already knew they were dead!

    2. Tried to find "Federal Warranty Service Corporation" only to find out that because I live in California I needed to contact "Sureway, Inc., P.O. Box 105689, Atlanta, GA 30348-6589, (770) 763-1000", same address for both companies.

    3. Called Circuit City Repair at 888-333-2333, got a message to call on Saturday after 9:00 AM EST.

    4. Called on Saturday and via voice mail service received an appointment with "Electronic Doctor 877-243-2524" and a confirmation number and was told I would receive a call from them within 24 hours.

    5. Called my local Circuit City store and spoke with "Firedog" person, but he was for only "Computers", and was told to call Firedog at 1-800-Firedog (1-800-347-3364).

    6. Called 1-800-Firedog and spoke with a person who, after explaining to her I wanted to verify a time for the Monday appointment, see top paragraph, I was told that I had the wrong department and was transfered.

    7. Spoke with another person at Firedog who told me that the department that I needed to talk with was open Saturday 9:00 AM to 1:00 PM EST, and it was now 1:20 PM. So I was given a number to call back on Monday at 9:00 AM EST, 1-800-395-4376, and they should be able to verify if and when someone should be at my house to repair my TV.

    8. So I will wait for Monday and start calling again.

    Jim

    P.S. They have been trying to get my 30" TV working for TWO-MONTHS!!!! It is a good thing I own more than one TV!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Post a Comment